If you're a stressed bride, worn out mum or just generally hard working and need to chill out then this may be for you.
Now I don't want to sound preachy or guru like but hear me out here, especially if you're a skeptic like my sister.
Reasons I love yoga:
- It makes you stop, if only for the hour you do it.
- It reminds you to breathe. You'd be surprised how often we hold our breath or breathe shallowly without realising it.
- If forces you to take a break but is brilliant for those who are always on the go because they're still doing something.
- The peace allows your mind to wonder and you often clarify answers to questions bothering you or things on your mind.
- And um, it's exercise, which people say is good for you.
Now I don't go to a class. I like working at my own pace, and find it more serene doing in my own home. Plus I have to admit I sometimes just do the first half an hour when I'm busy (or, ahem, can't be bothered).
I found it via the fab K, tea? blog and have been doing around twice a week for the past couple of months.
It hasn't solved everything in my life and I'm definitely not as toned as Ms Aniston but it is relaxing.
P.S this can be cheesy in places but stick it out. You'll feel great at the end I promise.
Are you a yoga buff, or is pilates more your cup of tea? If you're not into this kind of thing, how do you relax?
I tried to embed the video but blogger is not working for me this morning so click here to see the one I do.