Thursday 13 January 2011

My dad has become Bridezilla



First up I should stress that I'm not a fan of the term 'bridezilla' but I can say without a doubt, my dad has turned into one.

My dear father recently announced he's getting married (for the third time, ahem) to his lovely bride to be. Wonderful news. Cue champagne and congratulations.

Now I knew it wouldn't be a big shindig and he was unlikely to need my services but I assumed I'd be called upon to assist in some fashion. You know what with being a wedding planner and all.

More fool me.

Now I love him obviously but he's a stubborn bugger at times. He's an academic and believes there's nothing worth knowing that you can't learn from books. So this wedding planning malarky - piffle - there's nothing to it.

Except that it seems he's finding it a touch more stressful than he imagined but true to his character will not ask for advice. And actually all he's planning is a trip to the registry office and booking a table in a local restaurant for 8 of us. All in all not that much more complicated than your average Saturday night.

But my dear papa has decided he wants to get married as soon as possible and then go off on a lovely honeymoon. Except his bride hasn't found an outfit, he can't choose a restaurant and can't find a country or hotel he wants to go on honeymoon to.

But the pressures of wedding planning seem to be getting to him and he's quickly realising that despite it being a very small do, wedding planning can sometimes be a big fat pain in the you know what.

I have to be honest, it's a tiny bit amusing. And it's even more funny that he is the most nightmarish 'client' ever and I'm not even helping him. Just listening is painful enough!

So father dear, if for some insane reason you have stumbled across my blog - I can help you.

I am a wedding planner. As in I plan weddings.

Has the same thing happened to you? If you work in the industry have you ever helped someone close to you plan their big day? Was it as 'interesting' as my experiences with my dad?!

5 comments:

  1. oh no! best of luck with this...i have worked closely with family - but not on weddings...and yeah...it's not always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, maybe a friendly email to offer a couple of ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies! I think email will be the way forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just hate it when that happens

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! I do not know if I could deal with either of my parents getting remarried. good luck to you and I hope your dad realizes how much you could help him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lovely people for leaving a comment...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails